Essential Proper Safety Protocols for Handling Guns
26th Jan 2023
Gun safety is an important issue that should not be taken lightly. It is essential to understand the proper safety protocols when handling firearms.
Here are some tips to help ensure gun safety:
- Always treat a gun as if it is loaded. Even if you are certain that the gun is unloaded, always handle it as if it is loaded.
- Store firearms in a secure location. Make sure that firearms are stored in a locked cabinet or safe, and that the ammunition is stored separately.
- Keep your finger off the trigger. When handling a firearm, keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to shoot.
- Wear eye and ear protection. When shooting, always wear eye and ear protection to protect yourself from the loud noise and potential debris.
- Be aware of your target and what is beyond it. Make sure that you are aware of your target and what is beyond it. Bullets can travel a long distance, so make sure that you are aware of what is in the line of fire.
- Be aware of your surroundings. Make sure that you are aware of your surroundings and that you are not pointing the gun at anyone.
- Follow all local laws and regulations. Make sure that you are aware of and following all local laws and regulations regarding firearms.
By following these tips, you can help ensure gun safety and help prevent any potential accidents.
Maggie Mordaunt, otherwise known as CCW Maggie, is a firearms instructor in Las Vegas, Nevada, and the three talk about women in firearms, and talk about some topics surrounding that. Women make up a large part of the firearms industry from new permit applications, to gun purchases, to instructors and corporate leaders in the firearms industry.